Wednesday 9 July 2014

Developing Personal GAME Plan

This week I had the to chance analyze the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) website and paid attention more on National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS). I had an opportunity to assess my skills to meet the various standards and indicators. This encouraged me to select two standards and performance indicators that I would like to improve on most.

The first NETS performance indicator that I choose is Standard 1- D Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity: Model collaborative knowledge construction engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments (ISTE, 2008). 
My Goal for this area will be to gather the different technology tools available that encourage students to collaborate with other students across the world. I understand that there are plenty of technology tools available to educators that grant students to take active part in and provide realistic conditions while collaborate with other students virtually. My Action plan is to find out other educators through internet research that have applied similar tools in their lessons and equip myself of what worked best, how they used the different tools, what were the pros and cons of applying these tools, and any other inputs they may have. I also plan to find out professional development workshops on blogging and other collaborative software that will be usefull in developing my knowledge and confidence in applying online communicative tools in my classroom. I will Monitor my action by keeping a record of what I have learned throughout my action plan and based on my reflections throughout the process. This will assist me to analyze what I have learned, what I can apply, how I can apply it, and what else I need to know before I employ it. By monitoring my actions and record my steps and findings, I will also find out whether or not I have improved anything useful from my searches, communications with peers, and workshops and make necessary changes or adjustments to meet my goal. Lastly, I will Evaluate my level of understanding and confidence improved with the various tools and the activity. I will look back at my reflections and ask my colleague for their thoughts on the activity, as well. I will also survey the students and ask them to look back on their experiences employing the communication tools. As I collect the various information, I will reflect and revise as necessary and plan future learning engagements according to the necessary revisions. I will also Extend my understanding of the various tools and my experience with them to other educators.

The second NETS performance indicator that I choose is Standard 2-D Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experience and Assessments: Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching (ISTE, 2008). 
My Goal will be to get use to with the various kinds of assessment, especially assessment when working with technology. The Action I take will be to have discussion with other teachers about what the types of assessment tools they employ and why they chose those methods. I would also like to work together with other teachers from different countries to find out their point of view on student assessment when integrating technology and content area learning. I will have to Monitor what I learned by collecting some type of record of different assessment methods. Finally, I would Evaluate my learning by actually employing some of these strategies and reflecting on the results.

I am confident that with this GAME Plan, I will make significant understanding towards developing meaningful, safe, and engaging learning experiences for my students that will last a life-time. Any inputs and suggestions that you can give to me regarding my goals will be appreciated.

References
International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers

3 comments:

  1. Tjandra,

    I used the same NETS-T 1 standard. I believe that student learning and creativity is very important.

    I love that your Action plan includes you looking for input from other teachers/colleagues. I believe that Networking is a great way to come up with lessons, and find help. Networking is amazing for so many different reasons.

    The way in which you are deciding to Monitor your students is one in which I agree with and feel is a wonderful help. I have said before that it is often difficult to remember every little detail that may be detrimental to the students success. Why not take field notes, write a reflection or keep a blog to help you?

    Amazing GAME Plan. Thank you for sharing!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,

      Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it. Off course, field notes, a reflection or a blog will be great resources to use for monitoring my GAME plan.

      Regards,
      Tjandra Purnama

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia,

    Thank you for much for providing me the resources. I will check them for sure.

    Regards,
    Tjandra Purnama

    ReplyDelete